Два совершенно разных монастыря, но оба находятся в долине Кадиша.
A visitor can reach this Monastery from Bsharreh by taking a narrow, uneven, winding road.
It is built inside a rocky cave that comprises a number of cells and the tomb of Father François de Chasteu, the Capuchin father who rested in saintly peace in 1644. The church was made up of four small rocky hermitages. There are no documents concerning the date of the monastery where a Maronite bishop lived in the 14th century.This monastery witnessed the foundation of the Lebanese Maronite Order (in 1695).
Deir Mar Antonios Qozhaya (the Monastery of St. Anthony Qozhaya) dates back to the 11thand 12th centuries. It can be reached from Tourza. It is one of the largest monasteries in the valley and it dates back to the Middle Ages. Monastic life began there in the mid 12th century.
In 1585, the first printing press in the Arab world was set up there. It printed in Syriac letters. The present printing press was purchased in 1871. The monastery took its present shape in 1926. As for the church, partly carved in the rock, it was renovated in 1864. Near the monastery there is a cave or the sanctuary of Mar Antonios known as the "Cave of the Lunatics" because lunatics and possessed people used to be chained there.
Читала недавно на ИнтерГид информацию о Триполи, многое недостоверно, кроме истрирических фактов.
Если не секрет, вы составляли примерный план путешествия? Самостоятельно передвигались или водитель из местных сопровождал?